Intra Hoof-fit Bath Liquid is an antibiotic free, formalin free & copper sulphate free foot bath to keep cow hooves healthy & help prevent digital dermatitis, and contagious ovine digital dermatitis (CODD) in sheep.
Intra Hoof-fit Bath Liquid has many benefits:
- Contains chelated copper and chelated zinc to help prevent foot and skin problems and are naturally antibacterial
- Organic Approved by OF&G
- Kind to hooves - Does not hurt or sting, minimising stress to animals who wont rush through ensuring longer contact time
- Conditioning ingredients help to maintain good hoof and claw condition
- Contains soothing aloe vera
- Strong adhesive properties
- Cost effective concentrated formula
- Easy to use and mixes readily with water
- No withdrawal time for milk or meat
- No QAC's
- No fumes or smells
- Non corrosive - Safe to use in front of the milking parlour.
- Non Hazardous
- Does NOT contain Formalin (formaldehyde)
- Does NOT contain copper sulphate Safe for the user - No risks or side effects
- Safe for the environment
Should I use it before or after the milking parlour?
By exposing the hooves to the Intra Hoof fit Bath Liquid before entering the parlour, the product remains on the hooves during milking, extending the contact time.
Foot baths placed in front of the parlour are also less likely to become contaminated with manure.
Advice for sheep farmers:-
For use on sheep, farmers must be cautious of allowing the sheep to drink any solution containing the Hoof-Fit as it contains copper which can be toxic if ingested.
Research, studies and reports :-
Why it is better than Formalin Foot bathing?
Formaldehyde is currently under a long running review by Europe for it’s use as a disinfectant in agriculture due to the high levels of toxicity, links to cancer and potential residues in food. An opinon by the Biocidal Products Committee found that it was not-acceptable for use in the disinfection of animals’ feet and that “no safe use of formaldehye in the animals’ feet scenario can be demonstrated” and that “animal welfare has to be considered thoroughly”.
Intra Hoof-fit Bath Liquid should be used as a preventative measure, to keep hooves in a healthy condition and minimise the chance of hoof problems developing.
If digital dermatitis has taken hold, a curative treatment approach is necessary and treatment with Intra Hoof-fit Gel may then be necessary.
We recommend that the Intra Hoof-fit Bath Liquid is used in conjunction with the Intra Bath which has many advantages over traditional foot baths - contact us for details on the Intra Bath
Available in 20L and 200L