Intra Aqua Acid is a formulated blend of different quality organic acids administered via drinking water for poultry and pigs to acidify water, improving health and performance. Also contains chelated copper and chelated zinc.
- Lowers gastric pH which:-
- Increases the activity of digestive enzymes in the gastro-intestinal tract
- Promotes protein metabolism, helping growth and immunity
- Helps to reduce the growth of pathogenic bacteria such as Salmonella and E-Coli inside the animal's gastro-intestinal tract
- Prevention of build-up of lime scale in water lines
- Restricts growth of potential pathogenic bacteria in water lines
- Stimulates the (natural) immune system
- Reduces post-weaning scours in piglets
- Contains propionic acid, formic acid and lactic acid which can easily be processed by poultry and pigs (contains higher levels of lactic acid than competing products)
- Promotes the development of a natural intestinal flora and good bacteria (due to the lactic acid in Intra Aqua Acid)
- Chelated copper supports the animal's growth by aiding the metabolism, supports the immune system and is anti-bacterial
- Chelated zinc improves the animal's vitality
- Vet recommended
- Helps reduce the need for anti-biotics
Research has shown that:-
- Combinations of acids will outperform single acid activity making them more effective at killing bacteria and reducing water pH.
- Organic acids are much more bactericidal in nature than inorganic acids - i.e. they have the ability to kill bacteria in a similar fashion to antibiotics.
- Organic acids with the best bacteria killing effect are lactic, formic and proprionic acids.
- Chelated minerals (copper and zinc) are easier absorbed than in a non-chelated form, particularly in the intestinal area
Pepsin is the major enzyme breaking down protein; however it has an optimum pH activity in the range of 1-2. Research has shown that the addition of acids to weaner diets will reduce the pH of the stomach, duodenum and jejunum versus control diets. Therefore any decrease in the pH of the gastro-intestinal (GI) tract should have a positive effect on the activity of pepsin and improve feed digestibility. A reduction in pH should result in the increased activation of pepsinogen, the pro-enzyme of pepsin for the digestion of protein.
Reduced growth of pathogenic bacteria
Another benefit of reduced GI tract pH is the reduced growth of pathogenic bacteria. Salmonella, Escherichia coli and Clostridium all colonize and multiply more efficiently in a more alkaline environment. In poultry a number of studies have shown crop contamination increases during pre-slaughter feed withdrawal of broiler chickens and contaminated crop contents may serve as an important source of Salmonella entry into poultry processing plants.
Prevention of lime scale in waterlines
Water with elevated pH levels tend to contain high levels of minerals, particularly calcium and magnesium. Difficulties with high pH water include the build-up of lime scale in pipelines resulting in leaky nipple drinkers, reduced effectiveness of antibiotics and reduced availability of sanitizing agents. By acidifying the water and the subsequent reduction in pH, the limescaling of water lines is reduced and we can provide overall water quality improvements while enhancing performance.
Via drinking water at a rate of 500mls to 1 litre of Intra Aqua Acid per 1000 litres drinking water (0.05 - 0.1%).
All drinking water is different, so the dosage varies depending on the pH of your water. We advise reducing the water pH to 4 - 4.5 and using a pH meter to check your water.
After any water treatment it is essential to sanitise the water lines to avoid the build up of residue or bio film (particularly from yeasts which can survive in acidic water conditions). For this we recommend Intra Hydrocare.
Do not exceed the maximum levels of copper and zinc in the daily ration for poultry, 25mg/kg for copper and 150mg/kg for zinc.
Intra Aqua Acid is available in 25kg cans, 225kg drums and 1100kg IBC. Quantity discounts are available, please enquire.
Intracare manufacture a comprehensive range of products, all meeting the highest quality requirements of farmers and the latest European guidelines.
If you would like some guidance regarding the dosage of any of our products, please do get in touch. Part of our service includes the creation of a bespoke water program, FREE of charge, for Quill Productions customers upon request