An essential starter pack of supplements and products for smallholders, backyard or hobby hen owners. This laying hen health pack is especially useful when rescuing or rehoming hens who made need a bit of TLC.
All the below products are used by our own members of staff for their rescue hens and also are recommended by our specialist in house poultry vets, with many of the products being used by large scale poultry farmers to keep their birds in good condition and healthy without the need for expensive antibiotics.
The liquid supplements are added to the hen's water, ensuring that even under the weather hens which may not feel like eating get a boost of nutrients and benefits.
The hen health pack contains:-
- 1 x 1 litre Quill Lyte Plus (to rehydrate after transport or in hot summer weather)
- 1 x 1 litre Calferol (to strengthen bones and egg shells)
- 1 x 1 litre Nutri-Mix (to improve the immune system, help feather regrowth and kill disease causing bacteria in shared water)
- 1 x 1 litre Organ-X Pro-Formula fly Trap XL (Non-toxic) (to help keep flies at bay)
- 1 x 4.5kg Kill-Mite Powder (to help control and kill red-mite naturally without chemicals - safe for hens to dust bath in)
All products are available to buy separately, but this pack saves £4.50 ex VAT off the individual purchase price.
Please note that not all the products listed here are organic approved - please click on each product to discover more.