Intra Calferol is an intensive liquid organic calcium, vitamin D3, magnesium and phosphorus premix for all poultry and bird species, essential for bones and egg shell production. It has a very cost effective dosing rate.
- Intra Calferol is pH neutral and has excellent vitamin D3 stability properties.
- The mixture of calcium salts and calcium gluconate has a high bio-availability.
- The vitamin D3 is the essential component for the bone formation or for a good egg quality.
- The micro element magnesium is essential for the bone and egg shell matrix as well as over 300 functions in the body
- Improved formula from Autumn 2019 now includes a phosphorus releaser, essential in calcium equilibrium and bone mineralization.
- Particularly effective in older laying hens whose egg shells thin with age while maintaining good skeletal integrity and improving chick vitality
- Use for broilers to promotes good skeletal formation to support the growth/weight of the modern broiler chicken
- Calcium is also necessary for the muscle (heart) contraction and neurotransmission
- Quantity discount available for pallet purchase - please call to enquire
All elements of this high quality, calcium supplement work together to ensure strong bone formation or a reduction in poor egg shell quality as appropriate.
The result of using Intra Calferol, liquid calcium premix is improved bone strength and a vast reduction in the number of eggs with poor shell quality.
Eggshell is made up of:-
- 98,2% Calcium
- 0,9% Phosphorus
- 0,9% Magnesium
All of these are contained within Intra Calferol
Why use a liquid calcium supplement rather than in - feed supplement?
- Always active compound intake - Sick animals generally stop eating but keep drinking
- Farmer has full control of use - Easy to start / stop or change dosage of the product compared to a silo full of calcium feed
- More cost effective - use only on times when needed instead of complete production periods
- Complimentary to regular feed - increase bioavailiability of nutrients found in "regular" feed
General dilution rate:-
For layers and parent stock:-
1 ml per 1 litre of drinking water (0.1%) (1 litre per 1,000 litres of drinking water). Use for 3 - 7 days whilst birds are challenged and then once a week thereafter as a preventative.
For broilers and turkeys:-
1ml - 2ml per 1 litre of drinking water (0.1% - 0.2%) (1 -2 litres per 1,000 litres of drinking water). In case of bone abnormalities, administer for a minimum of 3 days and then as prevention, once a week.
After any water treatment it is essential to sanitise the water lines to avoid the build up of residue or bio film. For this we recommend Intra Hydrocare.
The science behind how Intra Calferol liquid calcium premix works:-
The body needs vitamin D3 to absorb calcium and phosphorus. Without enough vitamin D3 in poultry, the birds can't form enough of the hormone calcitriol so it in turn leads to insufficient calcium absorption from the diet. In this situation, the bird must take calcium from its stores in the skeleton, which weakens existing bone and prevents the formation of strong, new bone. Bone Health, one of the most important roles of vitamin D3 is to maintain skeletal calcium balance by promoting calcium absorption in the intestines, promoting bone resorption by increasing osteoclast number, maintaining calcium and phosphate levels for bone formation, and allowing proper functioning of parathyroid hormone to maintain serum calcium levels. Vitamin D3 deficiency can result in lower bone mineral density and an increased risk of bone loss (osteoporosis).
To prevent musculoskeletal issues, skeleton has to be be strong enough to support the total weight
The eggshell is a highly specialized mineralized structure, which provides protection against physical damage and penetration by micro-organisms. The egg shell consists of the inner and outer shell membranes, the true shell and the cuticle. The crystalline layer of the shell, which is responsible for its mechanical strength, consists of more than 90% calcium in the form of calcium carbonate. Calcium is absorbed from the feed in the intestine. Provided that sufficient calcium (3.8–4.2%) is present in the feed, the process of calcium uptake, deposition and excretion is regulated by vitamin D3 and its metabolites. Calferol takes care for sufficient Calcium to build up this eggshell and sufficient level of vitamin D3 to absorb the calcium.
Why include a phosphorus releaser? Phosphorus is the second most abundant mineral in the body. However, plant materials contain a natural store of phosphorus which are unavailable to monogastrics such as birds. The phosphorus releaser is able to free-up the natural store of phosphorus in feed which otherwise would only be absorbed at 30 - 45%.
Intra Calferol is a concentrated liquid premix of calcium, vitamin D3, magnesium and phosphorus releaser which is easy to absorb by the intestines of the animal. The high quality feed supplement supports birds to keep the calcium balance in an optimum condition.
Ordering the 1 litre size? We can send up to 2 x 1 litre bottles of liquid via the post for the same postage cost as 1 x 1 litre. Customers from the Channel Islands and Northern Ireland please enquire for shipping rates.
If you would like some guidance regarding the dosage of any of our products, please do get in touch. Part of our poultry and game bird service includes the creation of a bespoke water program, FREE of charge, for Quill Productions customers upon request.