Concerns over the Coronavirus continue to bombard the headlines, as businesses and the public try to combat its spread.
Health and good hygiene has never been so important with hand washing, sanitising and cleaning the first line of defence.
At Quill Productions, we have been inundated with calls about our handwash, sanitising and cleaning products, which is why we have put together a list of ways of which you can help keep businesses and households safe during these unprecedented times.
According to Ideal Home, the average brit overspends by over £100 a year on cleaning products. To help save those pennies, have you thought about buying larger bottles and decanting into smaller 1L bottles? Using one 5L bottle uses a lot less plastic than five 1L bottles. Less plastic equals less energy and less waste. Not to mention when you buy in bulk it means you have less chance of running out of washing up liquid, hand soup and other essentials.
We have listed our top three products to help combat the spread of any virus.
70% Alcohol-Based Hand Disinfectant
- Kills a range of bacteria, enveloped viruses and yeast. Passes EN 1500
- Passes EN 1276 and EN 13727 under clean conditions with 30 second contact time
- Virucidal; passes EN 14476 with 1 minute contact time, effective against enveloped viruses
- Quickly evaporates without residue. Added moisturiser to protect skin
- Authorised Biocide: UK-2019-1195-0001
Daily Multi Task Cleaner
- Removes general soiling and leaves a sparkling, streak free finish
- Perfect one product choice for interior hard surfaces
- Suitable for glass, mirrors, laminate, monitors, veneer and paintwork
- Contains a fresh, clean, peppermint fragrance
- QAC-free, ready to use, unperfumed disinfectant cleaner
- Kills bacteria and cleans in a single-stage application
- Passes EN 1276 with 30 second contact time. Also passes EN 13697 and EN 1650
- For use in food processing, catering and healthcare industries
To view the full range of our Janitorial Products, please follow the link here.
With 80% of common infection spread by hands, it is no surprise hand washing is a first line of defence but lets not forget that our bad habits contribute to the spread of virus’ also. According to a survey conducted by SCA, listed below is the top 10 most unhygienic workplace habits:
- Sneezing without using a tissue
- Leaving dirty dishes in the kitchen or sink
- Not washing hands after using the bathroom
- People not flushing the toilet
- Messy desks covered in rubbish
- Not emptying full bins
- Eating at a desk
- Leaving empty toilet tissue roles in the bathroom
- People not disposing of sanitary protection products properly
- Biting nails
So here are some tips on how to overcome bad habits:
- A storage space (lockable) so employee’s possessions are safely put away and not all around the workplace
- Sufficient bin capacity around the workplace to avoid overflowing waste and un-binned waste
- Tissues available around the workplace
- A cleaning logbook fairly involving everybody
- Personal employee calendars to assign weekly cleaning tasks
- A suitable and accessible stock of cleaning products
- Incentives around cleanliness
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly sales team who can be contact on: 01258 818239, Monday - Friday; 09:00 - 17:00.
Little changes make a big difference to the environment.